Tulsa – Center for Health Sciences/OSU Medicine
2401 SW BLVD
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107
Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:
(Contingent upon available funding):
24.00 – 27.05, Hourly
Monday through Friday 4pm to Midnight
Faculty Appt Period:
Daytime/Eveningpositions: $24.00 – 27.05/hour
Graveyard position: $26.00 – 29.00/hour
Journeyman position: $24.00 – 27.05/hour
Position Summary: Travelsto separate locations to Operate and maintain OSU-Center for Health Sciences PhysicalPlant equipment. Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, re-packingbearing, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves and gauges. Cleans orreplaces components using hand tools and power tools. Maintains all airhandling units by replacing defective belts, bearings, lubrication of fans andreplacements of filters. Maintains all building lighting systems includingreplacement of fixtures, bulbs and ballasts. Performs general electrical andplumbing duties. Performs water tests and replaces chemicals as needed intotreatment tank to prevent scale build-up. This role will records data, such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, water andair pressure, water levels, voltage loads and static pressure. Adjusts manualcontrols or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended orprescribed operating ranges. Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervalsto detect malfunctions or need for repair. Responds to emergencybuilding system failures for CHS campus and buildings in the evening.
Environmental Hazards: Hazardous Material; exposure to heat/cold.
Physical Requirements: Abilityto lift or carry usually not more than 100lbs, 10 to 20 feet, most frequently50 to 100lbs, 50 feet. Ability to push or pull 50 to 100 lbs, 50 feet. Abilityto kneel, crawl, crouch, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger, grasp, feel, talk,hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Oklahoma State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, qualified disability, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity Officer is designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and can be reached at: 918-594-8221, [email protected], or 1405 Main Hall, 700 N. Greenwood Ave., Tulsa, OK 74106(If you are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job application website, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.)
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT! For full consideration, please ensure all employment history is correct and complete. An Edit button is available to add information.
Education & Experience
– High School/GED.
– One (1) to four (4) years of physical plantoperations and maintenance experience
– Active City of Tulsa First ClassLimited Engineers License
Or Unlimited Mechanical Journeyman License
Or equivalent experience and ability to obtain Unlimited Licensure
– Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
Skills, Knowledge and Proficiencies:
– Advancedknowledge of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, chillers, electrical andplumbing systems
– Local, state and federal codes and regulations applicable toOSU campuses
– OSHA regulations and safety practices related to boiler rooms
– Methods and practices used in maintaining and cleaning boilers
– Various typesof light fixtures, lamp posts, bulbs, ballasts, wattages, volts, etc…
– Basic plumbing knowledge
– Ability to interpret technical information andunderstand engineering terminology
– Record and maintain accurate records ofdaily engineering logs
– Administer preventative maintenance program for allbuildings and support blueprints and building plans
– Run HVAC equipment,chillers and understand blueprints and building plans
– Run HVAC equipment,chillers and boilers
– Rebuild pumps and troubleshoot motors
– Handle severaltechnical tasks at once and organize daily workload
– Work overtime as needed
– Interact effectively with staff, faculty and students
– Provide high qualityservice in a university setting
– Experiencewith Automated building operating systems a plus. Systems include Niagara, Metasys,Siemens, etc
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.