Job no: 492801
Work type: Full-time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Operational Excellence
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Assistant Director of Student Financial Services serves as an expert resource in charge of providing in-depth information and efficient, accurate, and timely management of processes.
Routine Job Duties will include:
• Providing customer service support by responding to email requests, outstanding cases, and phone coverage, guiding students and parents on payment plans, outstanding balances, and refunds.
• Administering payment plans, managing access to deferred payment plans, and reviewing supporting documentation.
• Issuing timely communications with students, including statements, and account notifications.
• Processing refunds in accordance with Title IV Aid and cash management regulatory requirements.
• Issuing billing statements, both electronically and mailed.
• Making decisions regarding delinquent student accounts and conducting collections negotiations.
• Making decisions related to financially noncurrent students.
• Enforcing bad debt policies.
• Determining which accounts to refer to a third-party vendor for collection efforts and serving as liaison with vendor.
• In-depth knowledge base in student accounts
• Knowledge of state and federal collection practices
• Knowledge of integrated software systems (salesforce), as well as Windows applications, document imaging systems, file management, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to be empathetic, sensitive and diplomatic when discussing issues with students
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to actively listen
• Ability to work in a fast-based, constantly changing environment
• Ability to make decisions independently
• Ability to analyze existing processes, and take initiative and/or make appropriate suggestions regarding process improvements
• Bachelor’s degree
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: June 26, 2023
Applications close: Open until filled