Job no: 258709-US
Work type: Onsite, Staff-Full Time
Categories: Administrative Services
This position will serve as principal receptionist and customer service person for the Law School Admissions Office. Duties include but are not limited to answering incoming calls; greeting and assisting applicants, visitors, and students; and responding to email messages. The person in this position is also responsible for providing administrative support to the Admissions Office staff.
The Admissions Office Manager requires a professional and positive attitude when interacting with applicants, current students, and other visitors. This person must have strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multitask with poise and sensitivity.
Percent Goals and Worker Activities
A. 50% – Serve as Admissions and Financial Aid Office Receptionist
* Serve as the primary office receptionist: open the office each morning; provide information to callers concerning the admissions process; take messages/forward calls to staff; respond to email messages sent to the Admissions Office.
* Schedule in-person visits for prospective and admitted students and coordinate the activities of the visit, including building tours and classroom visits.
* Schedule virtual visits for prospective and admitted students with Admissions Office staff.
* Assist the Scholarship and Financial Aid team by administering the fall and spring stewardship process for current law students.
* Greet and assist walk-in traffic from current, prospective, and admitted JD and Graduate Program students.
* Perform other related tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
B. 30% – Office Assistance
* Prepare outgoing mail and retrieve/open/distribute incoming mail.
* Track and record virtual and in-person recruiting events on the recruitment calendar and manage the registration process for select events.
* Prepare and ship materials for recruiting events.
* Maintain digital and hard-copy files for the Admissions Office; scan documents; and perform general filing.
* Monitor and maintain stock of office supplies.
* Utilize Microsoft Office products, virtual meeting software, and specialized admissions software for data entry and reporting.
* Perform other general clerical tasks as assigned.
C. 10% – Event Planning and Support
* Assist with logistics for events hosted by the Admissions Office.
* Provide support as needed to the Admissions Office staff before and during events for prospective and admitted students.
D. 10% – Assist Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
* Assist with scheduling of prospective/admitted student visits.
* Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Admissions & Financial Aid, including her work on behalf of Graduate & International Programs, as needed.
* Assist with various other projects and tasks as assigned.
Provides general administrative support, while exercising discretion, to the administrator of a department or division of the institution or to the administrator of multiple institution programs, services, and activities.
Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background – people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
This position requires multiple years of general administrative assistant experience or equivalent. Administrative experience in higher education is preferred. In addition, the successful applicant must also be able to lift up to 30lbs. at one time and possess a high aptitude for or demonstrable competence in the areas of:
* Interpersonal Communication
* Detail Orientation
* Customer Service
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Usual office hours are 7:45 am to 4:30 pm with a 45 minute lunch break, but schedule may vary and be somewhat flexible
Full Time: 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
Appointment Type, Duration:
Minimum $19.00 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
Successful candidate will be hired at a starting salary commensurate with their experience.
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply through the Jobs at UW website (www.jobs.wisc.edu) by submitting a cover letter and resume by the consideration date.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Administrative Assistant III(AD003)
A451035-LAW SCHOOL/LAW SCHOOL/ADMIT
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Central Daylight Time
Applications Close: Central Daylight Time
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.