• Collaborates with Deans and faculty in the design, development, oversight and implementation of the academic Service
• Assists External Agencies/Partners and students in developing symbiotic service learning partnerships.
Collects Data to measure outcomes from the Partners and students.
• Ensures that all undergraduate students complete the
required hours of combined service and community learning hours of 60 hours.
• Coordinates and hosts a yearly Service Fair in
which area agencies and students have an opportunity to meet face to face/virtually and establish a rapport for possible placements.
• Increases strategic partnerships that expose students to career pathways through internships and service learning.
Connects with public and private institutions that can provide students with enriching experiences, and coach them to thrive in the work
• Develops university partnerships to provide resources that support learning aimed at creating competitive
• Maintains files and necessary documentation of student experiences.
• Serves as liaison between
External Agencies and faculty by establishing and maintaining contact with directors and appropriate staff at these agencies.
Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelors’ degree is required; however, a Masters’ degree
is preferred in Public Administration or related fields.
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other federal, state, and local laws, Southern University and A&M College forbids discriminating or harassing conduct that is based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, membership in Uniformed Services, and all other categories protected by applicable state and federal laws. This commitment applies but is not limited to decisions made with respect to hiring and promotion, the administration of educational programs and policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other College administered programs. Discriminatory acts of any kind are strictly forbidden.