Allied Business Solutions is currently seeking a Purchasing Analyst to join our team in Boise. The Purchasing Analyst is responsible for analyzing and evaluating suppliers based on quality, price, and speed of delivery for the procurement department at Allied. This role provides a high level of analytical skills and development to the logistics team in purchasing activities, vendor management, processes development, and procurement policies. Excellent communication and maintaining relationships will be critical as this position will serve as the point of contact for the day-to-day procurement activities and will interface with clients at all levels, including internal and external.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Finance. You will hold department purchasing analyst accountability for all company procurement including reports, controls, forecasting, and accounting. You will have three key areas of focus:
· Personally, lead strategic org-level procurement processes like maintaining relationships with current suppliers and sourcing new suppliers, establishing relationships with vendors, negotiating purchasing contracts, and finding new sources of supply through final purchase contract.
· To serve as the liaison between Allied Business Solutions and the suppliers by developing source strategies and cost analysis.
· To analyze and evaluate sales and purchase orders with the level of inventory and estimated delivery time with suppliers.
· To generate usage analysis reports while working with the Inventory Department.
· Responsible for vendor pricing quarterly audit reports for upper management review.
· Provide sourcing strategies to achieve supply base optimization, high-output service center to the rest of the departments.
· Serve as a culture shaper of the company, upholding culture of rigor, structured thinking, data-informed analysis, and financial responsibility.
· Negotiating with suppliers for cost savings and cost analysis.
· Develops the procurement processes with team members to establish and streamline purchasing initiatives.
· Identifies opportunities and works with leadership team to create or improve strategies and serves as the project lead for procurement services and support.
· Assist in procurement related activity and planning, evaluation of proposals, and negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
· Responsible for vendor management, including contract management, vendor evaluations, negotiated pricing, etc.
· Supports procurement risk management (approval limits, buyer spending limits, security, etc.)
· Sources and adds new items in eAutomate and ConnectWise systems.
· Coordinates RTV’s with vendors on all defectives and cores.
· Registers new placement machines with manufactures for warranties.
· Tracks and processes all warranty parts/supply/equipment.
· Ensures all defectives/cores arrive to the warehouse for return no later than 5 days after RMA receipt from vendor.
· Allocates/ships hardware on equipment/demo/managed IT sales orders.
· Tracks all open PO’s, updates remark with tracking numbers, attaches order confirmations, updates request by date to match ETA of order.
· Communicates any delays in equipment orders to internal team members.
· Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Communicates available inventory equipment items for internal branch transfers with warehouse manager for scheduling/delivery.
· Other duties as assigned.
You are a great fit if the following apply:
· Passion for and love of learning.
· Have led some function(s) of a procurement team – ideally in a fast-paced B2B company or similar.
· Establish and drive an effective balance between growth aspirations and affordability in budgeting/forecasting process.
· Have a proactive and collaborative approach, you love working with people and people love working with you.
· Sense of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality about employee and business issues.
· Strong data entry skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
· Ability to work independently and within a transformational team environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, supply chain or equivalent knowledge/experience, preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in purchasing.
· Knowledge of procurement, supply chain, cost control principles.
· Awareness and general understanding
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to facilitate discussions with all internal departments in a diplomatic and constructive manner and to support customer relations.
· Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
· Strong computer skills: Windows based PC programs (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Positive, friendly, and supportive attitude.
· Excellent time management skills, adherence to company policies, programs, and work rules.
· Highly motivated, self-directed and results driven.
· Sound judgment and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $26.00 per hour
Work Location: One location