A little about us
Savory is a multi-tiered catering and hospitality company on a mission to elevate the corporate catering experience, making it fresher and more reliable. Savory is a fast-paced environment focused on quality food experiences and hospitality excellence. We are based in the heart of New York City, offering culinary programs that include meeting catering, office-wide meals, receptions, and events. We know and understand the key issues facing corporate dining, and we have the best solutions. Our custom 10,000 square foot commissary located in Bryant Park allows us to minimize your onsite back of house needs, resulting in food service that is nimble, lightweight, and cost-efficient. Our rapid growth has prompted us to seek qualified individuals that will be a positive addition to our tight-knit family and help shape the future of Savory.
A little about the Role
We are currently seeking a Prep Cook to join the team at Savory Hospitality. Our ideal candidate will anticipate and address the needs of the company and our clientele with a heavy focus on order fulfillment, presentation and plating, work & DOH safety, and high end product quality. The Prep Cook will successfully compose, and safely package completed orders, while encompassing the full Savory spirit and providing high-quality service to our clientele. In addition, the Prep Cook will also be responsible for communicating any on-site/ off-site issues with quality, order fulfillment, or inventory. Other essential duties include supporting the hospitality and culinary teams.
A little about You
We are very particular with who we bring on board as we want to make sure they are values aligned with the company’s mission statement, their potential management, and their colleagues alike. We really promote a family-oriented culture because who doesn’t want to work in a great environment where everyone feels like family! We are looking for people who are:
· Independently Driven, takes pride in their work. Manage themselves when not watched
· Authentic people that aren’t afraid to show how their uniqueness is a force to be reckoned with. (We love the creativity of someone being themselves!)
· Curious-minded and passionate people who have a keen desire to learn more about operations, hospitality, food, and drink
· Collaborative at heart with a strong belief in getting things done as a family is just as important as getting things done alone (We all eat together!)
· Has a solutions-oriented mindset and works on solving potential problems ensuring successful measures are in place in the future.
· Has at least 2 years of experience with high-volume catering, restaurants, or hospitality entities
· Must be a team player with a warm personality and honest values
· Flexible and willing to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Work Location: One location