Location: Troy, MI, United States
: Feb 9, 2024
Job ID: 46576
Total Filtration Services, a division of Parker Hannifin, seeks an A/R Specialist to meticulously and promptly manage accounts receivables. The role demands a metrics-oriented approach, focusing on proactively contacting overdue customers to secure payments and reconcile accounts. The A/R Specialist prioritizes world-class customer service while ensuring efficient collections practices.
Accurately and efficiently collects accounts receivables. The A/R Specialist is a metrics-driven position responsible for effectively initiating calls to delinquent customers to collect payments and settle accounts, while providing World Class customer service to their internal and external customers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Safely completing all job duties in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
* Notifies customers with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment.
* Mails bills and past-due notices to customers.
* Utilizes the company’s Business System to record detailed notes on any communication with customers, including expected payment, financial status, collection efforts, etc.
* Arranges payment plans for customers with past due accounts.
* Verifies customer account information and processes credit card payments.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures.
* Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, ensuring that issues are resolved in a prompt and professional manner.
* Works closely with branch personnel to troubleshoot and resolve various AR collection issues.
* Keenly aware of opportunities to improve processes and provides suggestions.
* Utilizes reports to assist in completion of various job functions
* Data entry of online billings
* New customer set ups as needed
* Enter A/R adjustments as needed
* Month end reporting as needed
* Assists team members with projects and tasks as assigned
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is on-site Full Time in Troy, MI
* Solid individual contributor
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
* Continuous improvement mindset in pursuit of excellence.
* Good negotiation/problem-solving skills
* Solid critical thinking skills
* Effective listening skills
* Strong initiative with a demonstrated sense of urgency
* Ability to adapt to a variety of personalities
* Proactive communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills utilizing the English language
* Good attention to detail with solid follow-up skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
* Meets appropriate deadlines
* Accurate and results oriented
* Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
* Effective time management skills
* Professional appearance and behavior
Educational & Experience Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 2- or 4-year degree preferred
* 2+ years collection experience required
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov) and Genetic Information Discrimination
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.