FT; Monday-Friday, 8am-5:00pm. This position may be hybrid, with the option to work
one day per week remotely.
The Senior Administrative Assistant & Program
Coordinator provides support for the Department of Education, including the Associate Dean, faculty, and staff, as well as partnerships and
professional development. Performs other duties in support of the College of Professional Studies as needed. Reports to the Associate
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
● Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean,
faculty, program directors, and staff.
● Maintain regular office hours and in person customer service. Perform general
hospitality duties as assigned.
● Office management including foot traffic and management of the front desk and phones.
● Provide scheduling support and correspondence as needed.
● Assist with purchasing card requests and tracking, payments,
supplies/equipment, purchases, invoice processing, deposits, reimbursements, travel expense reconciling, departmental budget tracking, and
faculty grant budgets.
● Collaborate on planning and execution of special events for the department and continuing education;
Assist with space reservations catering, media, deposits, coordinate details, invitations, invoicing.
● Assist with making travel
arrangements by submitting and processing university forms and vouchers.
● Serve as initial point of contact for web-based
academic program inquiries (ex.,Learners Edge Inc).
● Maintain department websites.
● Hire and supervise student
● Assist with preparation of part time contracts for contingent faculty and university supervisors; Coordinate this work
with the College Dean’s Office.
● Maintain accounting files including operating accounts, grants, contracts, purchase card
files; syllabi, faculty vitae, events, meeting minutes.
● Coordinate Professional Education Advisor Board (PEAB) budget and
● Take and transcribe meeting minutes.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, and Abilities:
● Knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
● Experience with MS Office programs.
● Ability to use copiers, printers and other office equipment.
● Decision-making and
● Ability to prioritize, work independently as well as with a team.
● Ability to maintain
confidentiality and interact with students, staff, administration, faculty, and external community partners in effective and appropriate
● Two years of job-related work experience in office management,
budgeting, and/or event management. Related education may substitute for some experience.
● High school diploma
● Finalist applicants must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background checks.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Work experience in a university setting.
with Google Apps for Education.
● This job is performed in an office setting where
there is a designated office space.
● Job is performed in an office and involves
daily sitting, standing, and keyboarding.
PLU is a small, private
university where caring means more than kindness and consideration — it means a bold commitment to expanding well-being, opportunity,
and justice. Because PLU is a community committed to the creation and advancement of knowledge through diversity and inclusion,
the university actively recruits a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. PLU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes
applications from members of historically underrepresented and minoritized groups, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and others
who would bring broadly diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds in educational, research or other work activities.
For general application questions or if you
need accommodations at any point in the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 253-535-7185 or
The University is committed to diversity, endorses the goals of equal opportunity and affirmative action, and actively seeks applications from women and persons of color.