We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence
and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver,
retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff,
and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work,
study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other
legally protected status.
Full Time with Full Benefits
Subject to Grant Funding?:
1. Provides circulation services to library users and assistance in the use of online research tools, process of
overdue materials and check-in and check-out of materials to ensure a positive customer experience.
2. Answers directional questions
and refers patrons to appropriate personnel to ensure that the needs of library customers are met.
3. Participates in collection
inventory projects and shelving to enhance the quality of service for the community.
4. Performs other duties as
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability and
willingness to work weekend and evening hours and some holidays.
2. Excellent organizational and customer services skills.
Ability to work in a Microsoft Windows-based environment.
4. Ability to learn new software applications quickly and adaptability to
5. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
6. Ability to work as a member of a
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others;
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and
supervisory staff at all levels;
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in
performance of job duties;
4. Must be able to lift and/or move books/carts that weigh at least 30lbs;
5. May be required to
accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Major (if required):
High School Diploma, and one (1) year of related clerical or customer service experience.
Library experience preferred.
Is this a safety sensitive
Background Screening Required?
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.