Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2023-07-20
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Hudson Valley seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancies for the Fall 2023 semester on the Faculty staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Educational Specialist, Computer Education
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Computer Education, Computer Sciences and two years’ experience teaching at the post-secondary level. Previous Online teaching or tutoring experience is preferred.
A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office to include: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access are desirable.
Background in computer sciences: programming, web design and CAD is useful.
Nature and Scope of Duties:
The Computer Learning Center Education Specialist reports to the Director of the Learning Centers and performs the following duties:
• Develops, delivers, and monitors the learning activities of students seeking assistance from the Computer Learning Center
• Develops innovative activities/programs to support student learning, collaborating with academic departments and student service offices as appropriate
• Selects, develops, and updates instructional materials to support computer courses instruction
• Selects, develops, and updates self-paced instructional materials for students seeking computer assistance
• Provides technical assistance to students
• Helps supervise Computer Learning Center work-study students as needed
• Serves as Learning Centers liaison to other departments and other campus committees, as appropriate
• Develops and conducts workshops to improve students’ computer skills
• Develops and regularly executes an appropriate and comprehensive plan to evaluate the Computer Learning Services program
• Participates in Learning Centers staff meetings, staff development activities and department meetings as appropriate
• Performs other duties consistent with the role of Computer Learning Center Education Specialist, as requested by the Director
The Salary for this academic year position is $48,981.00.
Hudson Valley offers a full benefit package including Health Insurance, Dental and Eye Insurance, Retirement, employee and employee’s spouse and children tuition waivers. HVCC also has a generous leave policy.
Visit our Employment Opportunities page www.hvcc.edu/jobs to apply before the close date of July 20, 2023.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer