Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2023-07-16
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Hudson Valley seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree, four years of relevant experience in a post-secondary educational setting involving direct student contact and routine use of student records and record systems, one year of supervisory experience in a professional setting, experience, and excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
Preferred Qualifications: A Master’s Degree, Banner experience and technical ad hoc report writing are preferred.
Nature and Scope of Duties: The Assistant Registrar reports to the Associate Registrar and/or their designee performs the following duties:
• Assists with the maintenance of the permanent academic record for all students, past and present, who have attended HVCC. This includes, but not limited to, the following:
a) The accuracy and validity of transcripts
b) Grade changes
c) The granting of credit by examination as listed in the College Catalog
d) The granting of transfer credit after evaluation with the Department Chairperson
• Assists with ensuring institutional FERPA compliance.
• Assists Registrar with processes related to National Student Clearinghouse reporting and compliance.
• Assists with review of and process of assuring accuracy of multiple student ID’s, working closely with the appropriate administrative departments, e.g. Instructional and Information Technology, Admissions, Human Resources etc.
• Facilitates the total withdrawal process and counsel’s students on the impact withdrawing from the College will have on the student’s academic standing, financial aid, the student account and/or eligibility for re-admission.
• Assists with the coordination and development of registration procedures for credit courses, including but not limited to:
a) Technological configuration of registration rules and setup.
b) Monitoring registration activities across the campus.
c) Supervision of registration activities within the Registrar’s Office, including add/drop and processing of registration for all special populations.
• Assists the campus community (students, department chairpersons, advisors, staff, parents, etc.) in understanding College policies and procedures.
• Processes Veterans’ enrollment certifications and all related activities
a) May serve as Veteran Certifying Official for the college.
b) Assists with preparation of and participates in VA compliance survey audits.
• Maintains oversight of WIRED and the Registration Information Center/student help email and is responsible for troubleshooting and testing as issues arise.
• Supports the SUNY transfer mobility policy and assists with the implementation and maintenance of the following:
a) Exceptions within DegreeWorks (i.e., course substitutions)
b) Troubleshooting DegreeWorks issues
c) Testing DegreeWorks system
• Serves as the primary point of contact for the campus community with respect to course equivalency maintenance and is responsible for oversight of pertinent software.
• Assists with the updating of the online College Catalog.
• Supports office staff in responding to student inquiries and complaints and is responsible for speaking with dissatisfied students.
• Assists with the process to determine if a student with a prior degree can be accepted into another program at the associate level.
• Assists with testing of Banner upgrades as they relate to all registrar-related areas.
• May supervise Technical Assistants and Program Assistants.
• Assists other offices within the division of Student Affairs on an as needed basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time 37.5 hour work week position with a salary of $50,000.
Hudson Valley offers a full benefit package including Health Insurance, Dental and Eye Insurance, Retirement, employee and employee’s spouse and children tuition waivers. HVCC also has a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of July 16, 2023.
Hudson Valley provides educational access to a diverse community of traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that fosters lifelong learning and freedom of inquiry and expression. Hudson Valley values equity, inclusion, and dignity for all.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.