Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that
is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both
worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional
opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students
can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education,
health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred
DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the
Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker
School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who
are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an
equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage
women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Hofstra University is looking for an individual interested in joining a new team dedicated to
establishing a modern, centralized, and cloud-based data warehousing infrastructure from the ground up.Reporting to the Director, Data
Warehousing and Business Intelligence, the Data Quality Analyst will assist on data governance efforts related to data quality and work
closely with developers to perform source analysis, testing, catalogue data, design user stories for testing, and curate relevant
documentation necessary for modelling data in the data warehouse.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Performs data profiling to identify and analyze root cause of data issues, provides an action plan for remediation including process
improvements to ensure data cleanliness.
• Ensures data is defined, classified, complete, consistent, and clearly understood in
keeping with data governance policies and processes within the data warehouse, ELT processes and Business Intelligence reports.
Monitors and tracks progress of data governance process via key performance indicators.
• Assists with documenting systems,
sources, processes, and cataloguing data assets.
• Performs testing and validation of data transformation processes to ensure
• Participates in planning and designing user stories for end-user validation of data transformations and data
• Bachelor’s degree.
concentration or major in any STEM or data/analytics related field of study.
• 2+ years working experience in an analyst or
data-related role/field or Master’s degree.
• Strong understanding of database structure, data extraction and data analysis.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Data-driven, analytically minded, innate attention to
• Ready to expand upon existing knowledge of related technologies.
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Ability to learn quickly and motivated to learn and grow within a team environment.
• Knowledge of SQL
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data models and structures.
• Experience in
dashboard/data visualization tools.
• Experience with ELT tools.
IICS or PowerCenter
Please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to:
[email protected]. Please indicate “Data Quality Analyst” in the subject line.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.