The Systems Manager is a key member of the Office of Records and Registration within the
Strategic Enrollment Management Division who works in collaboration with other managers within the division to provide essential student
support services to prospective and current Delaware State University students as well as the University community. Under the limited
direction of the Registrar, and working collaboratively with other Associate Directors and Managers within the Division of Strategic
Enrollment Management, the Systems Manager will play a central role to optimize the divisional use of resources while improving performance
across the undergraduate and graduate enrollment management continuum from first contact to graduation. The incumbent will help the
Strategic Enrollment Management Division achieve continuous improvement in effectiveness, efficiency, and the quality of the customer
experience through in all phases of undergraduate and graduate enrollment management.
following are the functions essential to performing this job.
Specific Area Functions
The Systems Operations
Manager will be assigned the following tasks on a daily basis:
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as-needed basis.
1. Provide training to faculty, staff and students on best practices related to Banner and higher education
2. Be available to
offer customer service and cover reception area if needed
3. Attend meetings in the absence of the Registrar.
4. Perform other
duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills
and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of all regulations, policies and procedures governing best practice in higher education
3. Knowledge of departmental
policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of FERPA and confidentiality of
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree
2. Successful experience: At least five years of experience in higher education is required. Proven success in customer
service and higher education; computer proficiency; organizational skills; experience working with a student/business information system and
3. At least three years of supervisory experience in customer service, higher education or related field
work schedule to include some evenings and weekends
5. Other: Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various
constituencies including potential/incoming students and their families, current students and their families, faculty, administrators, and
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU
3. Demonstrate compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations
4. Demonstrate ability to resolve
problems timely and effectively.
5. Uphold security and integrity of student academic records.
6. Provide weekly reports to
7. Provide project updates to Registrar
8. Demonstrate excellent customer service
9. Demonstrate current
knowledge of FERPA
10 Demonstrate ability to supervise reception area for effective customer service
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.