Energy Alloys Global Solutions-Americas
SUMMARY OF COMPANY
Energy Alloys Global Solutions, a BioUrja Group company, is a global distributor of corrosion resistant steel and chromium alloy metals to the oil and gas industry. Our main products include mechanical tubes, OCTG tubes, casing and coupling stock, bars, liners, and semi-finished alloy products, all of which are available for immediate shipment. We carry Chrome, Nickel, Stainless Steel, Duplex, Alloys, and Titanium of various sizes in stock. Energy Alloys Global Solutions also provides complete OD and ID machining, heat treating, straightening and cut-to-length services.
We are proud to be a part of the BioUrja Group of companies, an international commodities group, with significant business in the areas of physical oil and gas supply and trading; electric power; grain storage and supply; renewable fuels and energy credits trading; and fuel logistics.
The Cost Controller will be based out of our Katy, TX Headquarters, with occasional travel to our Huntsville, TX location. The Cost Controller is responsible for the financial reporting and cash flow management for all product of this location. This role serves as a business partner to the operations team to drive business initiatives, growth, profitability, and optimize financial performance. The Cost Controller will work collaboratively with various department managers to analyze costs, assess vendor relationships, and maximize profitability. Aptitude for efficiency, problem-solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line without compromising quality are required for this position.
– Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability.
– Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections.
– Assess all incoming products, resources, and services to ensure the best price.
– Keep up to date on new vendors and possible cost-cutting partnerships.
– Analyze invoices to ensure correct products/services were received at the expected cost.
– Collaborate with department heads to strategize ways to minimize waste.
– Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers.
– Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts profitability.
– Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality.
– Develop and implement proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures.
– Present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in a compelling fashion.
– Educate and persuade stakeholders to procure buy-in and cooperation.
– Roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goals.
– Help in internal audit and third-party yearly audits.
– Responsible for financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, and budget preparation.
– Oversee company daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities.
– Oversees the timely and accurate preparation of periodic financial statements, activity reports, annual budgets, financial forecasts, reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, lead the month-end and year-end close process.
– Establish and maintain compliant accounting processes, design, and implement appropriate financial controls and procedures.
– Timely and accurate review of transaction and cost accuracy across all database functions.
– Provides management with short- and long-term departmental/financial objectives, policies, and operating procedures to strengthen internal controls.
– Oversee the financial and operational accounting, reporting and analytics for all customers, developing and monitoring business performance metric.
– Reviews financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identifies development opportunities and recommend improvements.
– Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
– Provide constant communications and updates on accounting processes, schedules, or anticipated delays to both internal and external customers.
– Monthly review and follow-up on inventory cycle and physical counts, identifying and reporting areas of potential risk/exposure and appropriate actions.
– Develop and analyze cost-of-goods information.
– Performing periodic costing studies on products/equipment.
– Assist with resolving issues and clear back logs.
– Monthly PL reviews with clear understanding of factors responsible for PL performances, monitor results vs forecasts and recommend corrective actions where required.
– Detailed review of non-performing Product Lines, discuss with Leadership to provide detailed action plans to turn to profitability or suspension of the businesses.
– Review Revenue Recognition policies and criteria and ensure all contract/agreements adhere to those policies Inventory and Asset Management.
– Collaborates with external auditors to provide information needed for the annual audit.
– Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvement.
– Oversee regulatory income tax filings to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
– Conduct ongoing audit of transactional and master records for accuracy, workflow qualifications and overall cost impact.
– Participate fully in meetings, skills training, and professional development classes.
– Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards.
– Other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICIATIONS:
– Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant field strongly preferred.
– Minimum of 3+ years of accounting and cost control experience.
– Strong Working knowledge of Manufacturing accounting preferred.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
– Expedient problem solving.
– Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook).
– Must have results-oriented skills and the entrepreneurial attitude to get the job done.
– Proficient Data Entry skills.
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
– Highly energetic and self-starter.
– Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
– Competitive Salary
– Quarterly Variable Bonus (discretionary, based on Company performance)
– Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
– 401(k)/ Retirement Savings
– Friendly Work Environment
– Paid-Time Off/holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Energy Alloys Global Solutions-Americas participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Energy Alloys Global Solutions-Americas is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Energy Alloys Global Solutions-Americas, via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Energy Alloys Global Solutions-Americas in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Energy Alloys Global Solutions-Americas. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event Energy Alloys Global Solutions-Americas hire the candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location