As an integral team player, the Contract Specialist is responsible for developing proposals, evaluating supplier quotations, negotiating contract terms and conditions, managing contracts, assessing suppliers and supplier management and collaborating with the various departments to ensure effective project management. The Contract Specialist will assist to execute strategic sourcing processes and other supply chain duties protocols and processes as may be required.
Position is not remote.
* Assist the Director of Procurement with coordinating all facets of the University’s procurement process including Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quote (RFQ) development, stewarding and tracking, evaluating supplier offerings and price quotations, and communicating supplier performance against contracted requirements
* Significantly participate in the development of specifications for services, machinery and equipment, products, or supplies in preparing bid proposals and contracts
* Analyze and document price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of proposed supplier offering
* Review, evaluate and make recommendations to accept/approve specifications (or proposed deviations from specifications) for issuing and awarding bids to suppliers through competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quote (RFQ) process
* Evaluate, monitor and document contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions to contracts, compliance to negotiated contractual obligations, and timely contract close-out
* Evaluate, monitor and document vendor performance to make recommendations for improvement in pricing, product or service quality, delivery, and service level, as appropriate
* Maintain data in Cardinal Contracts and Cardinal Financials for all supporting backup records, and documents
* Prepare and distribute compelling reports and statistical data to facilitate planning, budgeting, analysis, and contract performance
* As directed by the Director of Procurement & Senior Director, provide assistance to all areas of the University in procurement for high-value and/or high-risk projects and other areas
* Assist the Director of Procurement and Procurement manager in gathering, assessing, analyzing, and recommending sourcing strategies, practices and procedures
* Support and accomplish the goals and objectives of the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement department and adhere to the Finance division’s commitment to customer service excellence
* All other duties or ad hoc requests as assigned by the Director of Procurement, or other Senior management, including participation on committees, problem resolution and customer support
* Bachelor’s degree
* 3 – 5 years’ experience in the procurement and/or contract administration field
* Experience with major construction projects and project management is highly desired, preferably at a college or university
* ERP systems experience
* Proficient in contract development, standards and language
* Intermediate to Advance level Microsoft Office software experience
* Electronic tools and report building experience
* Familiarity with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations helpful.
Equivalent combination of education, experience and certification (such as Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (C.P.P.O.) or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)) or any other recognized and accredited leading industry designated certifications may be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location