Community, Work and Independence offers innovative supports and services, empowering people with differing abilities and needs to discover their potential and pursue the lives they envision.
Your role at CWI:
As the Director of Human Resources, you will serve as a critical conduit within the agency to identify staffing and employee needs and subsequently drive change from the ground up by removing barriers and empowering team members. This individual will ensure that changes meet the needs of the agency and will continue to help the organization grow, from a people and product perspective, rather than a product perspective alone.
He/she provides leadership in Human Resources practices and objectives to provide an employee-oriented high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, high-performance standards, goal attainment, and the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Primary areas of oversight include HR operations, HR transactions/inquiries from team, user support, and oversight of functional specialties including but not limited to recruitment, employee relations, compensation, onboarding, and benefits.
What’s in it for you?
What your day might look like:
· Supports agency growth and related organizational change related to an effective workforce
· Researches changes in employment law and court decisions affecting employment policies and procedures
· Oversees all activities related to collective bargaining and grievance documentation
· Executes and continually improves the onboarding process to create a welcoming and engaging experience for newly hired staff
· Assesses departmental workflows as well as interagency transactions and leads the transition to more efficient operations
· Establishes department goals, objectives, and systems
· Works with internal and external partners to develop, implement, and maintain a systematic method of engaging employees to support high employee engagement, retention, and positioning of CWI as a destination employer
Your skills and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field
· Previous experience working in an HR management role
· Extensive knowledge of labor laws, related regulations, and state and federal laws
· Deep understanding of best practices in HR policy, practice, and procedure
· · PHR certification preferred
· · Strong communication, critical thinking, organizational skills required
· · Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Teams
· · Working knowledge of HRIS capabilities (including payroll systems) and operations strongly preferred
· · Experience with reporting and data analysis
· · Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively
· · Valid NYS driver’s license for required for regional
EEO Statement: CWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in its hiring and employment practices, so that every team member can feel like they belong and be their authentic self to thrive in their personal and professional lives. In order to do that, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location