CalPortland is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. Thats why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from.
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* low-cost premiums even for family coverage
* Company-paid life/AD&D insurance
* 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
* Bonus Program and Profit Sharing Program, dependent on Company financials
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Paid Sick, Vacation, Holidays
* Additional voluntary benefits
Approximate salary $110k – $135k per year
* Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems, networks, and data
* Plan, schedule and play an active role in equipment installations
* Design and program new PLC and HMI control systems
* Maintain existing PLC and HMI systems
* Provide subject matter expertise for network interoperability and integration
* Work with internal and external electricians to implement and maintain process control systems
* Identify opportunities that can help improve the efficiency of business processes through hardware/software enhancements
* Prepare documentation for deployment purposes; respond to any implementation issues as needed
Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or other related Engineering.
* Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Schneider, etc.)
* Working knowledge with controllers, performance metrics, metering devices
* Strong networking knowledge (routing, switching, security, TCP/IP stack)
* In-depth understanding of existing and emerging technologies
* Experience with AutoCAD or Plan preferred
* Effective at managing multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously with the ability to appropriately reprioritize work in often changing situations
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficiency with smart overloads such as SIMOCODE and E300s and with VFDs such as Power Flex is a plus
*Conditions of Employment*
Successful candidate must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) registration/clearance as well as ongoing alcohol and drug testing.
CalPortland does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.