Product Design (PD) strives to constantly raise the bar on the customer experience. Product Design Engineers engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products for the Kuiper program. Key responsibilities include mechanical part and assembly design, testing, evaluating, and down selection. These positions identify key design attributes, and work quickly and efficiently to converge on an electromechanical design for the system. They highlight concerning issues to leadership and provide recommendations on how to revolve them. The output of their work is the physical product. They know intimately the rationale and tradeoffs behind each and every detail of the design from material selection, a reinforcing rib, a molding gate, etc. They work with manufacturing partners early to scale their designs for high volume manufacturing while optimizing for cost, performance and aggressive schedules. They have the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with PD team members, cross functional teams, and executives.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Key job responsibilities
• PD Direct Responsible Individual (DRI) for multiple system components (housings, PCBs, thermal components, etc).
• Work with cross functional team to solve difficult electromechanical problems to enable the design.
• Identify key design constrains and priorities.
• Demonstrate solid mechanical fundamentals and judgement through design decisions
• Deliver robust, flexible, durable, and performant designs
• Concise and accurate communication with PD members, cross functional teams, and executives.
• Customer focused when solving ambiguous problems.
• Ability to create scalable solutions while solving tactical problems.